Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Weekend fun


So, this weekend was full and busy but here’s a few pictures. Saturday’s Valentine event went better than expected. It was a natural, enjoyable evening. We left the girls with a “love letter” from God and a rose --- the love letter being the words from the Bible that talk about His love as a father and how He made a way for us to have relationship through Jesus. Two girls hung around for a long time after the event, so I know we didn’t scare them away.

Sunday’s birthday party went well too. Peter and his sister Eszter have the same birthday but are two years apart. I’m actually glad it turned out the way it did because originally we were celebrating my roommate Anna’s birthday, Bruce’s birthday and little Elsza’s too. But Anna’s tooth was pulled, Bruce had other plans and Elsza was sick so we actually got to focus on the Hungarians, which I thought turned out cool. They were extremely happy about it. Eszter said this was the first birthday party she has EVER had in her life. She turned 23. And yes, necessity is the mother of invention. So, I actually made both cakes and some cupcakes for their birthday. The chocolate cake called for baking cocoa and all I could find was a chocolate pudding packet. I used it and it turned out alright. My favorite part was 1.5 cups of coffee -- I think that made the chocolate cake!


We were celebrating a lot of things, actually! Nori and Peter are engaged as of Thursday night and I was dying to keep the secret from everyone. Nori told me earlier but Peter wanted to announce it Sunday. Marriages don’t happen a lot in this part of the world so it’s always a BIG celebration when people do! So already there's good fruit! We are breaking the trends of co-habitation without commitment! This May they will be Mr. and Mrs. Tatrai and hopefully help re-populate Europe with little Tatrai babies!!

2 comments:

No(dot dot)el said...

your comment about neccessity mother of inventions, cracked me up. what a busy , busy weekend.

Jen in Budapest said...

I can't remember who coined that phrase but it's a good one!