Sunday, February 24, 2008

Lance Watson and the Dream Team

So I started by checking out triathletemag.com and found they have a beginners program to follow. I actually like it better than the one I was following. Even though I am doing longer runs and bikes, I think this is more challenging and more training specific with swimming. So, the idea is that when I get in the pool I'm being specific with training now. I like that! Here's the site:

http://www.triathletemag.com/Departments/Training/2007/Beginner_s_Luck__Week_2.htm

I liked Lance Watson's stuff so I ventured over to his website www.lifesport.ca where I found lots of great articles I'm planning to read on all things training tri. Then I got to the page on Lifesport Elite Team with the list of coaches and coaching prices. First let me say I really loved their values because I claim them as my own.

Our Values:
* Sport is a lifestyle and sport is for life
* We embrace the joyful balance of sport and life
* We challenge athletes to strive to fulfill their potential and we create opportunities for them to achieve
* We have a can-do attitude and support sport dreams and life dreams
* We believe that sport should be fun; we celebrate success
* We believe in the life benefits of structured training and goal setting: creating life skills, enhanced health and self-confidence
* We believe that excellent coaching should be available to anyone who has the desire to achieve personal excellence! Amazing. Sign me up.

And second, I noticed how famous Bree is and was SOOO impressed! Bree, you rock. Thanks for your encouraging comments here and thanks for being a world famous superstar. I love the fact that you are a mom and that your family is right there with you!! Love it.

So, here's a shout out to all those training and pursuing the values listed above.

All the best this week!!

No comments: