Friday, February 8, 2008

LT, core workouts and fresh juice

Tonight the "Let's Talk" leadership team made up of "native" english speakers (that's me and a few Brits) and Hungarian english speakers met at this great Mongolian BBQ restaurant and it was delicious (free too which was wonderful!). I thought it was probably the best food I've tasted in Budapest so far. I don't get out much. It's definitely a place I want to go back to in the future! One of the Hungarians that I roomed with last time at Lake Balaton was guilt ridden because she hadn't contacted me when she said she was going to....I told her "don't sweat the small stuff...quit beating yourself up". This is the same woman who said that it's just expected for husbands to cheat on their wives in Hungary (yuck!)......Her name is Szilvia and I'm really hoping some good things happen in her life. She wants to go to church with us and she wants her daughter and me to meet....I think it's great and I hope it happens.

Worst part about tonight - one of the older British ladies brought an incredible-looking, hand-made cake - The outside was so beautiful, so scrumptious looking BUT it turned out to be FRUIT CAKE inside. I'm sorry if you like fruitcake, but it was rough to have to eat that in kindness. I managed to stomach about half of it.

This morning I was supposed to meet someone at the flat where I'm staying for about two hours, but they never showed....(third time this week....a charm?) So I spent about 30 minutes doing a core workout and I ran for 45 minutes. But I have a question, like always. Is a core workout weight training and things that build the connecting muscles around your abs only? I'm just curious as to what I can consider a "core workout." I jumped rope this morning too(2x25,2x50,2x75 and 2x100 = 450 reps) Well, it must be good for something.

This year, I had to cut back on some expenses so I'm no longer going to the gym just down the street, which had a really nice weight room. I have to figure out how to do leg weights at home. I only own a few free weights. Any ideas? Any websites with training at home?

Finally, my final news worthy event of the day --- I had a delicious fresh orange juice early in the morning and I also juiced carrots and tomatoes. I know I sound like a health freak, which I'm not, but I really love juicing! I'm experimenting a little too. I feel like a mad scientist..hahahaha....coming up with these healthy concoctions. Not everyone likes juicing, I hear. But, I think I prefer it to eating a fruit or veggie whole and having to eat it that way....Funny.

Anyways, if you've ever vacillated about whether to get a juicer or not, I say "do it!" And for those of you who have one, here's your friendly reminder to pull it out and use it if you haven't for awhile. Nothing like fresh OJ in the morning!!!

No comments: