Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Frustration

Frustrated at the pool tonight. A girl wearing a triathlon robe didn't speak much english. I was trying to get information from her like training times of any tri groups she knows of, but instead, after our failed attempts to talk she said, "OK, I'm going to swim now." Um yeah. That didn't go so well.

Every lane was taken so basically besides a 20 minute swim - almost 400 meters, I sat in the sweat room for about the same time. I wanted to do a long swim workout and practice endurance, technique and speed. Not happening.

So, I'm going for a run. Hows that.

POST-RUN UPDATE:

35-40 min run/20 min walk...not sure the length of run....forgot to check clock.
I ran down Andrassy street and around/behind Hero's Square. Budapest is definitely a city you must see. So, here you go.



4 comments:

akshaye said...

Hi Jen! Thanks for stopping by my blog. Those pics of Budapest are something.

I am not so much into swimming (yet!), but I usually go to the pool later in the evening to avoid a crowd. Waiting for lanes is no fun!

Kellye Mills said...

You seem so driven! Keep up the great work! Your perseverance will definitely pay off!!

Marit C-L said...

Hang in there! I know that stuff can be frustrating - but you worked through it really well! I think that's a lot of what life is about. We all know that not-so-fun situations will happen... but it's how we handle ourselves during these times that are true testments to our character. I probably say this a lot - but I have to remind myself. Your hard work will really pay off! Love the pictures... makes me remember my brief time in Hungary... beautiful!

Anonymous said...

You are so lucky to have such beautiful landscape to look at while you run! You know, I think most people would have just called it a day when the swim didn't work out. Good for you in opting for a run!