Sunday, February 24, 2008

Unimpressive swim

Well, I was excited about swimming this morning. It's the first time in the pool in over a week so I was ready mentally. When I got there at 6.15 am, all lanes were full but I could share one lane with two guys who were swimming. After warming up with 100, I realized one of the guys was sort of "postal". He just had an attitude about me being in his lane. Fortunately, one of the group swim classes was ending and I was able to take the next lane over to swim. I'm following the new swim program for beginners that I found on the triathlete website that I mentioned a few posts ago. I think it will be good but my 25 minute swim was unimpressive. Nothing to write home about.
------
One thing I realized too is that swimming and running are my weakest things. I enjoy swimming much more than running, but I'm not good at it. So, I think I really need to focus on swims for a few months. I think I'm getting my volume up there for runs and slowly again for bikes.

When the team comes from Florida in a few weeks, I am so excited because I ordered a set of those hand paddles, flippers and a tri suit!! Nona said I should wait until there is more stock here in Budapest and try and find a wetsuit that fits versus trying to order one from the states and have it brought over. The frustrating thing is there is less of a selection, and the prices are higher. Oh well. We shall see. I could always have my brother's girlfriend bring it with her in May if I don't find anything here.
--------
I found "Mr. Muscle" at the store. So I poured him down the bathroom pipes and I'm hoping for the best next time I go to shower or bathe.
--------
Nori and I will get some things done this morning about my visa, then I'm meeting with girls the rest of the day. Believing for good conversations. I also need to send an email proposal of our ideas for this teachers meeting scheduled in March.
--------
Tonight I'm going to try and ride the bike. I have to get in as many rides as possible before I have to return the bike when Chris gets back on Friday. Even though I was going to end my gym membership, I might have to check into a little fitness place just down the street called "Dave's gym" to see if they have stationary bikes.....I'd love to get one of my own, but there's so much involved in that. I'll just have to see.
--------
No staff meeting tomorrow (woo hoo!!!) so I think Nori and I have to go down to some visa offices and plan some things regarding that. It's really amazing all the different visas I've had to go through this year, prolonging my stay just a little longer. This next visa will hopefully be good for 1-2 years whether I use it the entire time or not. It will be GREAT not to have to go through this red tape anymore. Later, Nori and I can meet and continue going through Biblical Foundations.

Hope your swims are better than mine!

3 comments:

Cliff said...

Before I go to the pool, the lanes will alway be empty. The sec I dive in and start swimming, everyone start crowding my lane :). It's nuts.

As much as I suck at swimming, I enjoy being in the chlorine bath. It is very refreshing and I always feel great afterwards.

akshaye said...

Swimming is my least fav part and I really enjoy running and biking more. I need to work on it more and seeing you keep at it is an inspiration!

One thing you could do with the wet suit is see if they have the same brands available there. That way you can try one on for size and then order that for your team to bring along.

Kellye Mills said...

Don't worry about the swim... It's been a humbling experience for me, but consistency is showing to pay off! Keep up the good work and good luck with your visa!