Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Chuck Norris For President


Chance would have it I'll be in Budapest during our Presidential Elections. I can still vote and it's not a laborious effort, but it will be quite a miracle if I actually get the ballot from the states at all. I haven't had the best luck with getting mail. Even if it doesn't land in my mailbox on time, there's a way to vote so that's good. I feel like a legitimate American citizen.

Without the luxury of campaign news 24/7, I'm starting to research the candidates online. I found a website called "Project Vote Smart". I'm sure I'll be checking into it further in the future.

Did you know over 300 men and women are listed as either "announced" or "potential" presidential hopefuls including Al Gore? Wow. That's crazy. A lot could be said about free elections! And then again that's why I never ended up being a lawyer or a politician, though I'll admit that both were appealing for a time.

In staff meeting today Chuck Norris and the presidency came up. Yes we have random staff meetings sometimes. But these are the moments that keep things lighthearted and interesting to say the least. .....I digress.

Huckabee is endorsed by Chuck Norris. Now if Norris migrated to Hungary and gained citizenship sort of like Arnold Swartzy from Austria migrating to the U.S., then hands down, Norris would be the Hungarian president. And they'd enshrine him at Hero's square, no doubt. I mean, come on. The guy rides motorcycles and every Hungarian King rode a horse. Norris is like a superhero or a god over here, atleast in the circles I run. People LOVE him. When I say LOVE HIM, it's down right embarrassing. Every week without fail in our high school group there is some sort of reference to the man. And as much as I humor the guys and laugh along with them, truth be told -- enough already about Chuck Norris!!

And then the Huckabee campaign jumps on the Chuck Norris bandwagon and we take another day to talk about him. WHAT IS THE WORLD COMING TO? Some would say you can never get enough of Chuck. I disagree, even though he seems like a good old Texas boy! Since Chuck holds a slightly less than god-like stature here in Hungary, I wanted to post Chuck's endorsement of Huckabee.

Too bad Chuck isn't running. Wouldn't that make it interesting?



No comments: