Friday, February 1, 2008

Ben-ees

So I've been missing the West Coast recently. I especially miss the running at Redondo Beach and the incredible, breathtaking view from the Palos Verdes hills where the cliffs hang into the ocean, another spot where I used to run.

Darn that President! After Bush gave a speech at a Helicopter company in Torrance (right next to RB and PV) on BBC news, I started to reminisce.

Well, Budapest is definitely not the West Coast. But I have to remember it has one amazing ben-ee. Margaret Island....There's Buda and Pest and they are divided by the Danube River but joined by several bridges. Margaret bridge connects not only Buda and Pest but Margaret Island on either side.

The Island has a soft running path, a bike path, tons of foilage (Nona laughed at me yesterday when I said that word....it just means lots of greenery), a swimming workout center, ruins of a 13th century convent and even a zoo.

It's easy to bike to the Island and it's about 15 minutes away from where I'm staying right now. Yep. I would have to say that Margaret Island is a big ben-ee of living in Budapest. In the morning, I'm going to bike over and meet Hajni for a run.

It may not be the West Coast, but it's Budapest and I'm gonna live each moment to the hilt.

2 comments:

No(dot dot)el said...

yes, don't knock it until I'VE tried it!!

Jen in Budapest said...

You know it!! And you will. This will definitely be one of the places I take you guys.....