Sunday, February 24, 2008

the flood

First, on a positive note:

I was able to run 47 minutes tonight. I started out slow again, and felt pretty sluggish but by 30 minutes I was good to go. My goal is to pass the 1 hour mark....just to say I did it...hopefully in the next few weeks. In the midst of it, I'm trying to be aware of my running style. It was a good night running. People in the park, walking their dogs, kids with their little bikes and I ran by the castle and the ice skating rink. So cool. Every time I do, I think, what a cool experience I'm having. I should take this in and really enjoy it.....

-------------------------------------------
OK - find me an arc....there's a flood in my bathroom!

I just thought it was the lack of a shower curtain and the hand held shower nozzle that caused water to seep onto the floor, or that somehow I sprayed it on the floor.

Nope. Not the case. Looks like I'll have the re-enactment of Noahs flood anytime I wish to take a bath. As I was letting out the water the drain in the middle of the bathroom started gushing with water. Ooops.

On my way back from my early morning swim tomorrow, I'm going to stop by the store and see if this country sells something to the equivalent of Draino. I'm sure they do. These pipes have been around for awhile. And if that doesn't work, call the handyman.

I have Noemi coming for lunch so I hope I can get it figured out by then. Right now I have a half full tub of cold bath water waiting for draino to do it's magic so it can be released into the whirlpool of community water! Funnnnyyyy.

Oh well. I'm going to bed! Good night all.

2 comments:

No(dot dot)el said...

that stinks jen. hope you get it figured out.

Jen in Budapest said...

Mr. Muscle is hopefully going to resolve the issue!