Saturday, February 2, 2008

Juicing is so great!

I just want to tell the world how much I love to juice. Yep...freshly squeezed orange and pear juice is so delicious in the morning on my way out the door to run. Yum.

POST WORKOUT NEWS:

Hajni and I ran 6000 meters or 3.5 miles which is once around Margaret Island. I think the fresh OJ had something to do with me getting ahead of her and keeping a steady pace. Last week she outran Noemi and I. We decided to run every Saturday which is good but she wasn't as excited as I was hoping she would be to start this Budapest Tri Club. So for now, we will just gather with a few others and see if something builds. But on the inside I'm standing up and calling this the "Budapest Tri Club".

I do have a question though. I told Hajni I thought it would be great to work up to twice around Margaret Island, a little further each week. She said something about how whatever distance you run consistently that will be your best distance. Basically that more is not necessary better when training for a sprint tri which is only a 3 mile run.

I would love to hear everyone's thoughts. I'd like to increase my distance and speed. And why isn't more better when it comes to running and training for a sprint tri? Just curious.

Well, after we ran I ended up biking it twice across the island which was about 20 minutes, plus the 30 minutes back and forth to the house = a 50 minute bike ride.

After taking a shower, I had to grocery shop. You can't imagine how heavy groceries can get when you're carrying them for 15 minutes. Nori's coming over for dinner and we'll watch a girly movie I'm sure.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I am no expert on sprint tri's, but I definitely think if you run more than the intended distance it will make that distance easier to handle. I am a more is better person, but quality is also important.

P.S. Don't worry! I'll take good care of myself in between these runs ;)

Cliff said...

My own experience. My first tri was 750 m swim/30 km bike/7.5 km run.

When i was training on Sat, I would swim, bike and run that distance. In fact, I run 10% more. I did that for confidence and to make the actual race distance easier mentally (if i can run 8 km, 7.5 km is no problem).

For sprint tri, u can run a bit more than you want. I would say focus more on transition. U don't have to be plan to every detail but u should be use to biking after the swim and run after the bike :)

PS. HAVE FUN..enough said.

Jen in Budapest said...

Yes, I think I'm going to go with my original thoughts and just increase a little each time. I don't see how it can hurt come race day.

~Robyn~ said...

You can increase your distance, up to 5 or 6 miles...it'll make the sprint run easy for you. Plus it'll build your overall distance in general, not just for running, but biking as well (and some swimming). Use Saturdays foryour long runs, but use the weekday runs to increase your speed. Do shorter distances, while focusing on a fast pace. Hope that helps!

Jen in Budapest said...

Hey thanks Robyn...that's really great to know, as it is what I've been thinking I would do!!