Thursday, February 21, 2008

Terrible training week.

Well, I hope I still remember how to run, bike and swim. I can't believe the last time I worked out took place a week ago Friday. This was definitely not my plan. The weekend was crazy, this week got away from me too in trying to get the new flat together. Guess you could say I'm not having an off day, it's an off week.

My goal is that tonight I'm gonna get my tush out and run as well as bike. I'm just going to have to wait until the weekend to do those things I wanted around the flat.... I want to atleast get ONE workout in this week! I can't believe it's been a whole week! Ahhh.

The last few days I've been thinking about how thankful I am -- right now I'm thankful for this new place with kind neighbors and a cool new neighborhood -- it's well lit, right across the street from a Castle, the largest ice-skating rink in Europe, the national park as well as two museums and Hero's Square -- I feel safe being able to run at night -- SO thankful for that.

Anyways, now that I'm settling in I can get a routine again and make the training happen. Chris and Renea come back in a week, so I'll be returning his bike to him. I need to think about a bike.... For race day, my friends in London said they found me a bike and a place to stay in that part of the city. I just have to get there a day before and try it all out. That's kind of scary but I'm sure it will be fine. They also invited me to stay with them a few days. They have a little girl now and last time I saw them she was only pregant with Charis. Amazing how time flys by.

4 comments:

No(dot dot)el said...

me too jen, but i don't have a good excuse like you. i plan pilates for tonight,walk fri and sat. sheesh, when will we be like teri and do something everyday?

akshaye said...

I guess its harder to find time with the move and everything else thats been going on. Enjoy your run!

Kellye Mills said...

Don't worry about the training. We ALL have our off days/weeks. Just be sure to get back into it, and you'll be fine!

Good luck with the new place!

Cliff said...

You still have plenty time to train. This is still early in the season :).

Hope they find the guy as well.

I find myself I need to go out once in a while. To be by myself. I don't even consider as training. The road is my Sanctuary with God.