Sunday, February 3, 2008

I'm a Patriot


I don't usually care about the Superbowl unless it means hanging out with friends and munching on food. I usually find myself at superbowl parties talking in a corner with some of the girls and chatting about other interesting things while getting a few of the highlights here and there, taking in the commercials and the Halftime show. But this year its a little different.

The Boston Red Sox won the World Series in Baseball and now the Patriots are up for a Mass Football win too. My mother's side of the family is from Mass and I am loyal. It's our wild and crazy Italian side of the family so I can't help but picture them rooting like crazy for the Patriots now. That's the only reason I care about the Patriots. Well, almost the only reason!! What makes it extra special is that the Patriots are on the 18 game winning streak. Lots of poeple want to see them lose but I want to see them take it. This is the year...all things Mass!!

So Chris and Renea have a sports channel that's covering the game in Hungarian. The problem is we are 9 hours ahead of Arizona time. I just caught Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers at Half Time. I don't know if I can make it to the finish, but I sure hope the Patriots win this one! I'll probably find out who won tomorrow.

American football has become a big thing over here. It continues to grow in popularity -- especially among the high schoolers we hang out with.

I am an American and I'm proud of it. That's another reason to root for the Patriots cuz I'm Patriotic....

Go Patriots!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Jen, way to go on your running! I'm going to try to work myself up to a half marathon again. I did about five miles last night. I'm going to do another two tonight! I really enjoy opening up your blog every so often!
becky b.

Jen in Budapest said...

Hey Becky:

That's great that you're getting back up there with running. Keep it up! Slow and steady is my motto.

Well, the Patriots lost. I wonder what it felt like to be 18 and 0 and then lose the Super bowl. Wow. Gotta be devastating. I'm sure they thought they'd get it. I was rooting for them! Oh well, the half time show with Tom Petty was good. ;0)