Monday, February 11, 2008

"I'm still.......

Yesterday was a day of rest for me. I was really tired from the week. I woke up with a cramp in my neck so I was glad it was a rest day!

Today, I split my workout into two parts.... This morning was a weight workout and a quick core pilates set. I used the jump rope again to warm up with, doing 500 reps. I think I'm going to add it to the days I do core/weights.

I had to look online to find some lower body workouts to do from home. I won't be going back to the little gym I used to go to anymore because I need to use those resources for other things. I won't miss having to bring two pairs of shoes to workout there. I still find it funny (but I see their reasoning) that you had to change into your workout shoes because they didn't want dirty shoes on their floors while you work out.

Anyways, the second part of the workout came tonight on a bike ride. I brought my I-pod and listened to music. It was a 45 minute ride. Anna calls me "ghetto girl" and maybe this is why.... I love hip-hop. I'm sorry I can't deny it. And there's that old J-Lo song...."Jenny from the Block".....

"....put God first and can't forget to stay real
to me it's like breathing....
No matter where I go I know where I came from!!!!
I'm still, I'm still Jenny from the block....."


Ok, I'm a dork but I had fun listening to the tunes and riding around Hero's Square. Now I'm eating Hungarian leftovers from Saturday night and thankful for another good day in Budapest.

ahhhhh I'm still.....jenny from the block..."

1 comment:

akshaye said...

funny.. the only time I ever listen to hip-hop is when I am running! I guess its the pace or beats.. just makes for great workout music.