Sunday, February 3, 2008

Pesto Pasta and British MTV

Tonight I ran for 45 minutes and kept a steady pace. I think my body is ready for more. "Bring it on!"

I couldn't stop thinking about what I was going to eat for dinner as I ran. I wanted to "hurry up and get it over with" so I could eat.

Dinner was delicious! Leftover chicken from last night with Nori was chopped up and added to some pesto pasta with sour cream. Oh my was it delicious! I also made a huge greek salad yesterday so I had some of that. Oh and I found this wheat bread that has nuts or something in it. I also found balsamic vinegar (as well as Tuna....wooo hooo....it's amazing the things you miss when you don't have easy access) at the store yesterday. So, I had italian bread dippage. I also had a "rattler" - which is basically beer and sprite. People over here like to drink beer with coke. I've never tried it and never will. That's just disgusting. But beer with sprite basically makes it a very delightful, fruffy beer. In my opinion, beer needs all the help it can get -- and this fruffy diversion is perfect.

Anyways, as I sat there eating my yummies, I flipped to MTV-UK. Now, it's nothing like MTV in the states, really. Obviously their music style is strong on the techno end....So it can be funny. Here's what I tuned into.


"Elvis ain't dead, cuz I heard him on the radio,
and you're coming back to me...
Yeah, Yeah, Elvis ain't dead, cuz I heard him on the radio
and you're coming back to me.......Oh, Oh, I think I need a love lobotomy""


In full blown "emo" style, this British group sings their heart out on an MTV-UK music video.

All I could do is laugh.

The video ends with someone saying..."Excuse me. But Elvis left the building."
Yes, I do believe he has....And maybe he's left your country too.

No comments: