Saturday, February 23, 2008

This day....is bliss....ahhhhh

With no one to meet and no where to go today, the day is "mine."

It was total bliss to just sleep through the morning. I originally set my alarm for 9 am just thinking I "should" get up by that time but when the alarm went off, it got turned off completely with me enjoying the comforts of being back in bed until 10:30 am.

Hajni had other things going this morning so I didn't have to meet her for a run at 10am and realized I could pretty much set up the day as I wanted to.I'm going to spend the morning reading and resting and this afternoon I want to hit it hard on workouts -- probably a run/bike, but maybe a swim too or spend time with pilates.

I just made a glass of freshly squeezed orange juice. So delicious! Now I'm sitting in my lofty bed, where I found I get internet access (woo hoo), sipping a cup of hot coffee with creamer and honey and a pile of books near my bed to read. I'm listening to Chris Tomlin and just taking it all in. My new flat. First morning where I really get to enjoy it. Really, my life is good. Thank you God for everything!

I have two last piles of stuff from moving that I need to sort through, but other than that, this day is bliss. Thank God for days of rest like today!

4 comments:

Kellye Mills said...

JUST reading that made me relaxed and feel better! Thank you!! Will you come wake up with Cooper and Gracie tomorrow morning and let me come have a beautiful morning like that in your loft??

I hope you really ENJOY!! :)

Unknown said...

I could use a day like this. I am lucky if I can stay in bed until 7:30 a.m.

Jen in Budapest said...

I know, I know. I think about my sisters with kids too.....Not an option. This is one of the luxuries of the single life and I'll take full advantage when I can! ;0)

akshaye said...

Sounds so perfect! You make me crave some coffee now.