Friday, February 8, 2008

Quotes

Press on! A better fate awaits thee.
Victor Hugo

The man who removes a mountain begins by carrying away small stones.
Chinese Proverb

I hold a doctrine, to which I owe not much, indeed, but all the little I ever had, namely, that with ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable.
Sir T. F. Buxton

It is interesting to notice how some minds seem almost to create themselves, springing up under every disadvantage, and working their solitary but irresistible way through a thousand obstacles.
Washington Irving

Let me tell you the secret that has led me to my goal. My strength lies solely in my tenacity.
Louis Pasteur

The best way out is always through. Robert Frost

It isn't hard to be good from time to time in sports.
What's tough is being good every day.
Willie Mays