Wednesday, February 13, 2008

a few good men.....

This morning I woke to a phone call from my friend Andrea in Texas. These morning calls seem to be happening a lot lately, but I love it! Some friends seem to call at just the right time. Lord knows I've needed it recently. Her words were exactly what I needed to hear. New confidence and faith have sparked my thoughts since our conversation this morning. Amazing, isn't it? The power of words.

Unfortunately, this training week (which ends for me tomorrow) will only include one time in the pool. Unless something drastic happens in my schedule tomorrow afternoon, I won't be making it to the pool again this week. My workout plan is trying to get in three bikes, swims and runs each week and do a few of them as "block" builds. I'm also trying to build duration and speed. This is my goal over the next several months.

I fell short this week. I felt super tired today. Earlier this morning I made it through some weights and I was planning to go for a bike or a run tonight but I just got home after English Club and I'm too wiped out. I think I need to rest. Plus, I'm meeting Nona in the morning for a run and I just feel as though I need to save my energy. I've read a lot about listening to your body so that's what I'm doing tonight.

Today's high school group was a lot of fun. And tonight at our university club one of the guys said there's another high school that wants us to come beginning in March. I'm thankful that we have a team of guys to help with these high school clubs. Taking responsibility comes quite naturally for me..... but can you be too responsible or I guess, can you be responsible to a fault? Maybe that's me being the first born. The truth is that I like not always having to feel like the "responsible one". And that's where I'm so glad there are men who protect, provide and partake in responsibility. Our team here in Budapest is made up of some great men who walk in the three P's. That probably sounds funny but I could expand later. I'm so thankful for our team of men. I realized that tonight and so I just want to put a shout out to a few good men.

I love the way men and women are so different. I learn a lot from the men who are in my life and I'm thankful for them. We are definitely created with unique and distinctively different ways of viewing the world and even viewing what is priority. God knows men are from mars and women are from venus. I hope women remember to be thankful for......a few good men.

4 comments:

akshaye said...

always a good idea to listen to your body. building duration is a lot more important than speed in my opinion. nothing like those long slow runs/rides to do that!

No(dot dot)el said...

i didn't do so well this week either only one big walk so far, i can't even imagine how much work you are doing for this. I AM SO PROUD OF YOU AND...... I GOT MY PASSPORT TODAY!! Me and Dre are on our way!!

Unknown said...

I wish I could get that many training days, or opportunities in. I have to stick with the long ones on the weekend. Can't seem to run that much during the week. It sounds like you're doing great work in Budapest.

Jen in Budapest said...

Ashkaye - I'll take note of that...endurance does seem to be better initially...maybe speed will come in the future.

Noel - dream come true! I am ecstatic!! Can't wait to show you and Dre the world over here....oh, and Italy, here we come!!

Rob - My workouts aren't nearly as intense as yours. I'm still blown away that people actually run more than an hour.