Wednesday, January 30, 2008

I live off inspiration

Lots of friends have said that I'm a natural encourager to them and honestly I think it's true. I LOVE LOVE LOVE to see people pursue their dreams and fulfill them. I love to encourage people to reach those dreams.

Although it comes naturally to encourage and inspire others, I realized I must find inspiration for myself almost daily.

Don't worry, I usually do. But the point is I have to go and find it. It doesn't naturally seem to come to me. And I can find it in almost anything.

I actually didn't realize all of this until recently when a friend said to me that I probably need to always keep my personal encouragement tank full --and I realized it's true. I'm always looking for inspiration in all forms and for every area of my life.

Don't get me wrong. I know that life is not a series of mountain tops. I actually think the valleys can be even more inspiring sometimes. And although I'm a dreamer, I'm also a realist. Although I'm a romantic, I also know that genuine love takes work. Maybe that's why I love movies based on true stories. I live off that real, rugged, genuine inspiration.

And then sometimes I just need funny.

Here's a good one that I recently found on someones blogspot and had to laugh...

"Run slowly, run daily, drink moderately and don't eat like a pig."
~Dr. Ernest van Aaken

Nice.

3 comments:

~Robyn~ said...

Hey! I'm glad you found me! YAY for JAYHAWKS!!! Yes I do tri...Ironman coming up this Aug..ahhh! What are you doing in Budapest? And can I come visit?!?! Ok, these shoes were around $70, but I got them thru my team discount. However, look on www.runningwarehouse.com. Thats where I got these. Get your shoes about a size bigger than you normally wear, and Brooks shoes are amazing. Great support. I recommend the GTS 7, thats the last two pairs I've gotten, but I got the next version up (GTS 8) because they didn't have my size in the 7! They GTS7 should be much cheaper now. I'm about to give a talk next month specifically on triathlon nutrition, so once I put the powerpoint together, I can definitely email it to you!!

Here's my email: Rkdiving@hotmail.com stay in touch...especially about your race! I'll be keeping up with ya.

Robyn

:) said...

Great quote!

Jen in Budapest said...

Robyn: Thanks for the info and your details. I'll contact you for sure. I'm in Budapest with a Christian ministry working with high school and university students. It's been great. I'll be here atleast another year,

Flatman: I agree! ;)