Monday, January 21, 2008

Great quote




"Don't wait until everything is just right. It will never be perfect. There will always be challenges, obstacles and less than perfect conditions. So what? Get started now. With each step you take, you will grow stronger and stronger, more and more skilled, more and more self-confident and more and more successful." - Mark Victor Hansen

So true with everything in life, not just working out!

I think it's the Bible that says if we wait for perfect conditions, we would never do anything, such as farming in Eccl 11:4. Not that I want to take up farming, althought the thought has crossed my mind after watching the movie series I was talking about recently....ha ha.

A life motto for me is to let go of my fears, get out in the world and live. I'm finding when I just get started, step out and walk into whatever thing it is that God or I am developing in my life, I begin to see my life shape and form in the best direction.

It's a new year and there are new things waiting around every corner. Maybe it's a new business, a new career, a new relationship or smaller things such as new records to hold for distance and training, new ways of eating, new faces who will come to know the Lord in Hungary, I believe.

Thanks for the quote Rob.

5 comments:

Dubs said...

Beautiful pic! Great,uplifting post :)

No(dot dot)el said...

this quote is very encouraging. thanks i needed this.

Jen in Budapest said...

I was (obviously) encouraged by this quote too....It's just good stuff to live by.

Unknown said...

It sounds like you live your life this way. I am glad the quote hit home with more people than just myself.

Jen in Budapest said...

Yeah, I think when truth is truth it just makes sense and we can relate -- even if it's not in the same areas. For example I cannot relate to your long-distance running, although I wish I could. I barely survive an hour but it's exciting and I'm learning something new. I'm inspired.