Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Flat Found & other Musings



Yesterday I put the deposit down on a flat. After a slight bump in the road with the last flat, I'm excited about this one. It's a little further outside of the city center where I spend most of my time but not too far. It's right across the street from Hero's Square and the park behind it where I will no doubt log lots of miles running and biking.

Before I chose the flat, I went back to see it and noticed I couldn't find the light switch for the entry hall. I'm sure there is lighting, I just couldn't find it. As a woman you have to be aware of these things. I don't ever want to have to use my self-defense course tricks and I no longer have pepper spray on my key chain. Anyways, the guy who helped me find the flat is Scottish. I thought he was Irish but he's Scottish. I called him to ask him a few questions about the flat and he said, "Jen, if you have any problems you will just call me and me and this other guy will come down there and rail on anyone who hurts you." I now call James my bodyguard. We joked about it yesterday when I brought in the deposit, but he has no idea that I wouldn't hesitate to call him if I couldn't reach some of the guys on our team - not that anything will happen, but you know. You always have to have your back up plans.

So, I've got a flat and a Scottish bodyguard too! He's quite the character. He's married to a Hungarian woman and has an 8 year old son whose going to be on Hungarian tv. I guess he's quite a troublemaker at school. I heard all about James life as we went apartment searching last week. He's been living here for 15 years and speaks the language. I have language jealousy issues going on over that. He said he remembers. His wife couldn't speak good english when he first met her and at first it was ok...they didn't talk about a whole lot. But then they had to find out things from each other along the way so both of them were stretched. Wow. Communication is a key to a great marriage for sure.

I met Eszter at Margaret Island to exercise yesterday. I felt like her personal trainer. The exciting thing for me is that I have been where Eszter is at - unhappy about the way I feel and look weight wise and discouraged about it all. I just never had a boyfriend who echoed those thoughts and told me I needed to lose weight. YUCK. This guy is a schmuck and I'm praying she loses him FAST. When I was in Los Angeles, my friend Melanie who used to be a personal trainer helped get me in gear. Except we had Redondo Beach and the Ocean....ahhhhh. I miss the Ocean but I'm not complaining. The Danube is right here too.

Eszter wants to come over again this week. I'm glad she has LOTS of spare time until she gets a job. We've had some great conversations and I'm trusting God to really do a solid work in her soul. Thanks for believing with me.

No comments: