Monday, January 14, 2008

Starting a 7 day juice fast

Just found someone's blog about juice fasting and I'll probably use some of their recipes. This guy did a 30 day juice fast. I'm not that ambitious. For now, 7 days will do. I'm doing this fast for spiritual reasons. A new year and a fresh beginning. But of course I'll have the other benefits too, like detoxification of the body and a jump start into healthier eating. I'm reading the book "Endurance Sports Nutrition" by Suzanne Eberle and hoping to get that part of tri-training in order after the fast. During the next week I think I will just focus on doing Pilates indoors (Thanks Noel!!) as I won't have the same amount of energy to train normally. It's ok because I still feel like I'm making headway. This summer, I will complete my first sprint triathlon. Lots of options in Europe. Still haven't decided where.
Seeking God specifically:
- for a renewal of my heart to my First Love
- for peoples lives transformed on the high school/university campuses in Hungary
- for personal direction for the future
I'm sure it will be a good week.

3 comments:

Matty C. said...

Seven days of nothing but juice? I need food. You're a champ.

Jen in Budapest said...

well, i'm a bit of a cheater on this one and i drink coffee too. love the java.

Anonymous said...

Love the music... Think u stunning